Osteopath Helen How has been treating patients at the How Osteopathic Clinic in Trinity, Edinburgh for over thirty years.
Welcome to the How Osteopathic Clinic
Edinburgh osteopath Helen How has been successfully treating patients at the How Osteopathic Clinic in Trinity, Edinburgh for over thirty years.Helen has always been interested in finding adjuncts which help to stimulate better tissue repair which is why she has been using Shockwave Therapy for over 5 years now as an adjunct to Osteopathy Helen always prescribes rehabilitation and exercises Helen now uses digital video system called PHYSITRACT and or Whats App which is encrypted and one can send out samples of exercise prescription video clips and papers which Helen receives from all the Brilliant Lectures one can attend provided by the NHS Physiotherapists
A Registered Osteopath, Helen combines the latest advances in osteopathy with a gentle patient-centred approach to diagnosis and treatment. Helen visited Storz Medical AG Switzerland in June 2018 to be updated by the Masters in Shockwave Therapy for Musculo-Skeletal Conditions and Osteopathic treatment at the How Clinic is suitable for a wide-range of conditions including; back pain, neck pain, sports injury, arthritis and repetitive strain injury. Helen like all Osteopaths works and learns with fellow physiotherapists as rehabilitation is an essential part of Musculo-Skeletal Osteopathy.
Patient-Centred Osteopathy at The How Osteopathic Clinic
Osteopathic treatment at the How Osteopathic Clinic is tailored to the individual and a combination of osteopathic techniques including Traditional Osteopathy, Cranial Osteopathy, Electrotherapy, Vibrotherapy and Sports Remedial Massage may be used to treat your condition.
The How Osteopathic Clinic in Edinburgh is also one of the only osteopathic clinics in Scotland to use Shockwave Therapy, a gentle and highly effective osteopathic treatment designed to alleviate symptoms rapidly and which can often significantly reduce the number of osteopathic treatments required.
From the beginning of training to be an Osteopath as the European School of Osteopathy, all Osteopaths prescribe exercises. Helen did Core Stability or Pilates many years ago with Mark Buckingham Physiotherapist
Helen continues to learn with many physiotherapists Injuries Prevention and Rehabilitation Here is a list with the links for the Courses held throughout the UK and Globally for other Healthcare Professionals, Physiotherapists Osteopaths and others as Helen is always being asked for details of these brilliant courses
- Tendinopathies Update in Management Professor Nicola Maffulli and Colleagues London 2015
- Beony Mathews & Glen Robbins Physiotherapists Running Injuries and Prevention and Rehabilitation 2016
- Beony Mathews & Glen Robbins Adult Hip and Groin Assessment, Diagnosis and Rehabilitation including FAI 2016
- Dr Peter Malliaras Physiotherapist Masterclass in Lower Limb Tendinopathy 2016
- The Adult Hip Patient Beony Mathew and Glen Robbins 2016
- Shockwave UK Conference 2016 London
- Shockwave UK Conference 2015 London
- Chronic Gluteal Pain and Proximal Hamstring Tendinopathy Physiotherapists Tom Goom and Beony Mathews 2017
- Understanding Tendinopathies of the Hip and Pelvic Dr Alison Grimaldi Physiotherapist
- The Spine What`s Holding Us Back 2017 British Association of Sports and Exercise
- The Shoulder Theory and Practice Professor Jeremy Lewis PhD Physiotherapist
- Shoulder Instability Steps to Success Jo Gibson Physiotherapist
- Online Shoulder Steps to Success Jo Gibson Researcher Physiotherapists
- Running Repairs Brilliant Online Course on Running Injuries by Tom Goom
- MasterClass in Running Injuries Pure Sports Medicine London with Brad O Neal and Dr Christian Barton Physiotherapists
- PatellaFemoral Pain Uncovered By Claire Robertson Physiotherapist who has researched Knee Pain for over 9 years a brilliant course too as Anterior Knee Pain is so common
- Helen has Peter Mallararis Lower Limb MasterClass on Tendinopathies both first edition and current updated Course on line Peter Mallararis another brilliant lecturer/researcher Physiotherapist. (Achilles tib post peroneal Tendon Proximal Hamstring Tendinopathy Patella Tendinopathy)
- WeekendWarrior Brighton From Recreational Athlete to Returning to Full Sport Please look at the link for this fantastic Group of outstanding Physiotherapists A brilliant Course
With Valid Consent The Athlete here was unable to run for more that 20 minutes and had tried over 18 months of various exercises and rehabilitation. It took about one year of a combination of shockwave therapy, rehabilitation Diagnostic Ultra Sound by a Sports Physician for Huglund`s Syndrome Insertional and Mid Portion Achilles Tendinopathy